Well, the print book is now available. In fact, I have my author’s copy on my bookshelf (just to see how it looks with my other books ;)). Of course, I won’t leave it there long because I am so excited to read this puppy. Here is a link to Kazka Press’ website where they can take direct orders for the book. The publisher is working on final formatting for the e-book as I type, so I’ll keep you posted on that. Get it? Posted?
Kazka also has the table of contents up and links to read three of the stories in the book. Try one out just to see what the hell all of this Brony business is about. These stories ooze speculative fiction and are just plain fun, or eerie, or both.
I let my nine-year old read “Ponies” by Kij Johnson and asked what she thought.
“It was great!” She said.
“Great like it made you feel happy and shiny inside?”
“No. Definitely not that kind of great.”
And it’s not that kind of great. It’s the great of that first real breath after you just got the wind slammed out of you.
It’s the great of watching a bunch of annoying children slug a baseball bat into a piñata and having a load of beetles spill out into their greedy, grasping hands.
So go grab a sample. Take a bite out of that marshmallow and taste for yourself how disconcertingly delicious it can be.
Bronies: Damn straight these aren’t your sister’s ponies.
- Bronies (dessertating.wordpress.com)
- Are Bronies Changing the Definition of Masculinity? (geeksaresexy.net)
- Brony Andrew W.K. to Speak At My Little Pony Convention (observer.com)
- Dear Bronies (verydemotivational.memebase.com)
- Bro + My Little Pony = Brony, gender warrior (holykaw.alltop.com)
- Friendship is Magic When You’re a Brony! [Video] (collegecandy.com)
- Andrew W.k. Hearts My Little Pony (metalsucks.net)
- Enter the Bronies (digitalbullpen.com)
- My Little Bronie (manmademurphy.wordpress.com)
- Confirmed Brony Andrew W.K. To Speak At ‘My Little Pony’ Convention (geek-news.mtv.com)